HCFI and its affiliates value our relationship with you and respect your rights to privacy. This policy is provided to describe how we collect and process information about you when you use our websites and apps.
While you may use many features of our sites and apps anonymously, we collect personal information that you submit to us voluntarily to make donations, or to request that we send information or materials to you. We also collect information about your use of our sites and apps as described in this policy to help us make our sites and services work better for you
Important note: If you are under the age of 18, you must not provide your name, email address or any other identifying information without the consent of your parent or guardian, or as otherwise provided for by applicable local laws.
HCFI is a global organization which maintains data protection policies and practices consistent with accepted international data privacy principles. These policies supplement national data privacy laws, and any national law takes precedent in the event it conflicts with HCFI’s policies. In Europe, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is in effect as of May 25, 2018. If GDPR and/or other EU privacy laws apply to you, this Privacy Statement describes how you can exercise your rights.
For citizens of the European Union: the data protection and other laws of countries outside of the European Union may not be as comprehensive as those of the European Union. Please be assured that we take steps to ensure that your privacy is protected as described in this policy. By using the HCFI Services, you agree to have your information transferred to and used in the EU as set forth in this policy.
If you are in the European Union, additional information about how the General Data Protection Regulation affects the personally identifiable information that we collect about you is available on this page.
- The identity of the data controller
- Stichting Healthcare Christian Fellowship International Centre
- HCFI’s purpose for processing data
- For the receipt processing and acknowledgement of donations and/or contact information to HCFI’s worldwide ministry, reporting and analysis, communication, marketing, personal follow-up and candidate evaluation.
- Type of data processed and way in which processed
- Name, address and other contact information, subscription preferences, donations history, and information about interest in specific areas of the ministry of HCFI.
- Where the data is stored
- Data is stored on the servers of civihosting.com in the USA.
- Where to go if you have questions about the data processing
- Go to the "Contact" page at HCFglobal.org.
- Where to go if you object to HCFI’s use of your personal data:
How we collect and use personal information
We collect information about you in the following ways:
- Personal interactions. When you ask for information or materials from HCFI, it may be necessary to collect information such as your email and/or mailing address to fulfill your request.
- Online interaction with HCFI: information that you submit through online forms and apps which includes contact submissions, donation submissions and other feedback forms. When you donate through our website it will be necessary to collect certain financial data such as credit card information or bank account details in order to process your donation.
- Cookies and other automated technologies: these help us to how you use HCFI sites and apps.
The kinds of information we collect
Contact information: Includes phone number, physical address, SMS, email address, telephone number, social media profile details.
Demographics: Includes information about who you are, where you live, and what programs and activities in HCFI may be of interest to you.
Financial History: Includes historical information on your donations to HCFI, other financial transactions you have had with HCFI including registration fees for HCFI gatherings and events.
Identity Data: Includes name, date of birth, gender, organizational affiliations, position/titles and level of influence at those organizations.
Payment Information: Pertinent financial details for HCFI activities are provided by you directly to third party payment gateway providers. All payment gateway providers used comply with the highest level of security required.
Requests and Preferences: Includes your preferences for how the HCFI Movement will communicate with you (including which types of optional email communications you would like to receive from HCFI).
Travel information: Includes requests related to your travel or attendance at HCFI events including passport information, dietary needs or restrictions.
HCFI Movement information: Includes information on your history and engagement with HCFI.
How we secure your personal information
Once your information reaches an HCFI website, we use security controls and measures to protect your personal information.
When making an online donation or purchasing resources, the personal data you enter on HCFI's site is encrypted with secure server software (Secure Sockets Layer SSL padlock in your browser window) that encodes the information before your Web browser sends it to us. Your information remains encrypted while it is sent to us and is readable by us only after it reaches our secure servers. When you make a donation or purchase resources using a credit card, your payment data is immediately encrypted and goes directly to a secure credit card processing company.
How we share your information
HCFI does not share any of your personal information with any third parties without your express consent, except as described in this policy. HCFI shares information with our ministry partners, affiliates, and other third parties as necessary to carry out the purposes for which it has been collected. These vendors and service providers help us with necessary functions such as fulfilling orders, managing data, processing donations, and communicating with you. By submitting your personal information to us, you consent to allow your data to be shared according to this policy.
For users who are located outside the EU, please note that it may be necessary to transfer your information internationally and, specifically, your information may be transferred to and processed in the EU to fulfill the purpose for which your information was collected.
Managing your preferences
You may contact us to alter your information or preferences about how, when, or why we contact you.
If you wish to verify and/or change your contact preferences or any of your information that we have, please contact us.
What are cookies?
A cookie is a small text file which is placed on your computer or device when you visit a website. Cookies help to analyze how users interact with websites and apps.
HCFI websites and apps use various cookies in a variety of ways.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies allow us to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our sites. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the sites. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our sites, and will not be able to monitor their performance.
- Functional Cookies: These cookies enable the website to provide enhanced functionality and personalization. They may be set by us or by authorized third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
- Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set on our sites by advertising partners. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant content on other sites. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are set by a range of social media services that we have added to the site to enable you to share our content with your friends and networks. They are capable of tracking your browser across other sites and building up a profile of your interests. This may impact the content and messages you see on other websites you visit. If you do not allow these cookies you may not be able to use or see these sharing tools.
Any changes to our privacy and cookie policies will be posted on this page so that you are always aware of which information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances (if any) we disclose it.
Still have questions? Contact us