What is Integral Community Health (ICH)?
Integral Community Health (ICH) is an integral or wholistic ministry strategy that seamlessly integrates discipleship multiplication with community health and development in Rural or Urban settings. ICH workers and volunteers strive to obey everything that Jesus commanded, including both the Great Commission and the Great Commandment. Through Integral Community Health,
- People become followers of Jesus, and whole communities are lifted out of cycles of poverty and disease.
- Communities are equipped to identify issues and mobilize resources to achieve positive, sustainable change.
- Lives and communities are transformed as people work together to address local needs and follow Christ.
- The community will become a “healthy” community including the physical, spiritual, emotional and social. Health improves, economics become more productive. Peace, justice, compassion, and righteousness are witnessed in the community. Disciples of Christ who love God and their neighbors in word and deeds are multiplying.
What are the different approaches for starting Integral Community Health (ICH)?
Integral Community Health Program will take different forms in different countries.
- A community-based ICH Program
- A Church Initiated ICH Program
- A Government Based ICH Program
- A Clinic Based ICH Program
How to be trained in Integral Community Health (ICH)
- Attend an ICH Vision Seminar - one or two days
- Attend an ICH Training The Trainers (TTT) - five days
- Attend a CHE TOT - five days
If you would like to participate in an ICH Vision seminar or in an ICH TTT course or if you would like to host an ICH Vision or Train The Trainer course, please contact ich @ hcfglobal.org